Title: 1st Line Risk & Control Specialist
My client, a leading Financial Services company is seeking a talented individual to join their Operations Division as a Risk & Control Specialist in the Market & Securities Operations Services Pillar.
As part of the First Line Risk & Control Team within the Operations division, your primary responsibility will be to provide independent control oversight and pre-emptive monitoring of activities within the Market & Securities Operations Services Pillar. You will play a key role in ensuring effective risk management, driving control agendas, and mitigating operational risks.
- Establish and maintain the first-line control framework to mitigate operational failures
- Map level 1 controls to key controls and identify necessary controls for business risks
- Assess the effectiveness of controls and execute periodic control activities
- Support the product channel in demonstrating control effectiveness through risk assessment frameworks and performance indicator monitoring
- Conduct control assurance testing, manage operational incidents, and analyze root causes
- Manage audit profiles, review and close audit issues, and escalate outstanding matters
- Participate in policy and procedure management, internal control activities, and liaise with stakeholders
To excel in this role, you should have:
- Domain expertise in Markets with a strong understanding of Securities and Derivative trades life cycle events
- Risk and control experience, including a keen eye for operational risk
- Either full or part-qualified accountant credentials, enabling a comprehensive understanding of financial control and reporting
- Knowledge of collateral funding, settlement pre-matching for Fixed Income and equity products, and other relevant areas
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a reputable organisation that values excellence and innovation. You will be part of a team dedicated to ensuring effective risk management and control oversight in the Market & Securities Operations Services Pillar.
If you are a proactive and experienced Risk & Control Specialist with a passion for driving operational excellence, please apply for this role or send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.