My client is recruiting for an ambitious 2nd Line Support Engineer to join their rapidly growing IT team. You will be brought in to provide end user 2nd line Technical support in accordance with the achievement of all applicable Service Levels, Customer Satisfaction scores, and KPI’s and to be an active escalation point for 1st line engineers.
- With the Service Desk Manager and the ICT Infrastructure Team, ensure the delivery of day to day ICT support to the organisation’s users, covering servers, network, applications, desktops, laptops, telephony and mobile devices
- On a rota basis, undertake routine daily checks and maintenance and act as the 2nd line escalation point of contact in resolving user and technical issues
- Proactively undertake the day to day delivery of Infrastructure Service Desk operations. This will involve providing hands-on support to users. Front-end support includes thin clients, PCs, laptops, smart phones and tablets; VOIP telephony, MFDs; Video Conferencing/Skype meetings and various applications in addition to MS Office
- Maintain a pro-active role in monitoring all requests, incidents and problems, having complete visibility on the Infrastructure Service Desk
- Respond to Service Desk phone calls/tickets as needed, focusing on 2nd line tickets and activities, and taking on tickets escalated by the 1st line helpdesk.Escalate when necessary to the 3rd line Service Desk Analyst
- Contribute to the maintenance and documentation of the infrastructure estate: records of ICT builds, hardware, licences, systems configurations, systems and processes
- Work an out of hours shift if asked to, compensated by corporate company guidelines
- Undertake infrastructure project work and continuous improvement activities as part of the annual work plan
- Liaise with hardware and software suppliers and service providers
Ideally you will have:
- Extensive experience of working in Service desk environments – 2nd line using ITIL service desk ticketing systems
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and delivering high levels of customer service.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10
- Strong knowledge of Office365
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows server 2012 Active Directory
- Good knowledge of Citrix Xendesktop
- Knowledge of Pull printing , (Xerox, Ricoh)
- Knowledge of Exchange Online/Exchange 365
- Supporting and administering mobile devices (laptops, smart phones, tablets, Apple IOS, Android).
- Microsoft MCP or above.
- Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP.
- Experience of working with VMWare
- Knowledge of VOIP (Cisco, Mitel)