This newly created, varied role reports into the Group FC and works closely with the parent Group finance team. The role is wide ranging across the finance functions (external & internal reporting, statutory & management reporting, financial systems, processes & controls, treasury, financial planning & analysis and tax).
The finance function is newly established and this role will include supporting the Group FC and CFO in establishing finance processes, policies and reporting.
They have recently completed an acquisition of a smaller oil and gas business and have an appetite for further deals, which this role will be involved in.
This position will cover a number of responsibilities which include;
- Maintain monthly financial close process
- Accurate and timely preparation of Group consolidation, monthly management report, quarterly reporting, half year and annual financial statements.
- Prepare financial reports and supporting schedules for management, board of directors, auditors and other stakeholders.
- Assist in preparation of the Group's budgets, forecasts and cash flows.
- Support the FC in dealing with ad-hoc Group accounting issues.
- Management of intercompany balances.
- Assist in preparation and submission of UK statutory accounts and tax returns.
- Support the Group FC in implementing and embedding a new SAP finance system.
- Support the Group FC in maintenance of the Group's chart of accounts and Group accounting policies.
- Liaise with external auditors to prepare audit deliverables, ensuring compliance with the agreed audit timetable.
- Liaise with local accountants and advisors regarding local regulatory submissions.
- Assistance with cash reporting, bank transaction execution and Group banking arrangements.
- Ad-hoc financial support for M&A and new deals.