Goodman Masson have partnered with a growing Commercial Bank based in London, to join the Finance Function as an Accountant, Product Controller for an initial 6 month fixed term contract, with a view to convert into permanent permitted the contract assignment goes well.
In this role you will be involved in a significant amount of internal projects, including implementing new products, reporting processes and hedge accounting. Working in a team of 8, your role will include the preparation of both internal and external reporting for the banks entities.
- Daily, monthly & quarterly P&L production and balance sheet review of all Treasury, Loan and Deposit products
- Daily and month-end analysis of FX trading P&L, Hedge Accounting analysis, Hedge Effectiveness testing and reporting and analysis to support the local management accounts and HO reporting.
- Preparing the audit pack and replying auditors’ enquiries
- Preparation of the daily P&L reports
- Assist in developing financial/analysis data and reports for business management
- Assist with any new product approvals process and to assist in developing financial/product information/ data required for any new products
- Assisting in the planning, testing and implementation of key systems / upgrades to systems or new products which affect Product Control & wider Finance team as required
- Actively contribute financial analysis to the monthly ALCO meeting as requested by Team Manager
Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of financial products
- FX Derivatives, Interest Rate Swaps, Bonds, MM Deposits and Loan products are desirable
- 3 years + Product Control experience
- Fluency in English (desirable: ability to communicate in Mandarin)
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.