Goodman Masson are currrently recruiting on behalf of a large, full integrated Real Estate business based in Moorgate. The role is responbile for project level accounting across a number of development projects. The role will involve applying IFRS.
- Business Partners Development Managers on a portfolio of Development projects, providing financial analysis of key decisions.
- Compiles and analyses the financial information in preparation for entry into various financial statements and accounting reports and makes appropriate journal entries for recording in the general ledger by checking calculations, reviewing basis for figures, and balancing and reconciling figures.
- Reviews budget, revenue, expense, invoices, and other accounting documents and researches and resolves discrepancies as necessary.
- Maintains and reports on project budgets to include compilation of draw packages and necessary approvals, ensure accurate coding of invoices, charging of Development Management Fees, and submission of payment requests to third party administrators.
- Reviews completeness and accuracy of investment accounting completed by 3rd party administrators.
- Liaises with external partners and lenders, providing additional data and information as requested, and answering questions necessary to facilitate the funding process in a timely manner.
- Provides cost to complete information for input into quarterly desktop valuation and annual 3rd party valuation. Reviews valuation from a financial perspective.
- Performs bank reconciliations and wire transfers for deposit, ensuring accuracy.
- Prepares monthly financial reporting packages for distribution to internal and external stakeholders
- Creation of new project budgets, ensuring that appropriate cost codes are used
- Acts as the first point of contact with external auditors e.g. to explain journal entries and financial transactions, providing research data and information as requested, and answering questions necessary to complete the audit in a timely manner.
- Prepares financial information for VAT returns and other tax administration on deliverables where necessary
- Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Part-Qualified / Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent)
- Good level of general education with excellent written and numerical skills
- Thorough understanding of accounting procedures and double entry book-keeping
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Experience with Yardi (preferred)
- Working knowledge of IFRS within the Real Estate sector
- Working knowledge of fund structures desirable
- Working knowledge of VAT
- Understanding of job cost/project accounting
- Real Estate experience
If this role is of interest please click apply!