An exciting opportunity has arisen in a prestigious, international media company for an Accounts Assistant to join their wider finance team, with a focus on the events side of the business.
This role will put you at the heart of the events business giving you a great overview of how the events business works and get you working closely with the various business teams that support it.
The role's primary focus is to ensure that AP, AR and credit control for the Events business works efficiently and that the Finance Manager is supported in preparing the Events management accounts and forecasts.
Key to your success will be effectively managing our outsource partner. They process payments, perform the data entry side of AP / AR and prepare the bank recs. You will also need to develop close working relationships with the Finance Manager and Events Business Partners so that you can build your knowledge of the business and add commercial value.
- Own AR for the events business, working closely with business partners in the gallery team to ensure that billing is timely and accurate as well as query resolution and ensuring the revenue is reconciled on a monthly basis
- Own credit control for the events business, chasing debts in a timely fashion or allocating to the most suitable colleague, ensuring that debtor days are minimised
- In the lead up to fairs, ensure that debts are chased early and that all galleries pay in advance of the fair opening (in line with payment terms)
- Coordinate weekly payment runs, ensuring that the business submit invoices and supporting documentation in line with AP process, that coding is correct and that our outsource partner are managed to pay on time.
- Develop close working relationships with key invoice submitters within the business and provide process training where necessary to ensure that delays to paying invoices on time are minimised
- Coordinate cash postings with our outsource partner across several transactional currencies, to ensure that all accounts are reconciled and that cash is applied correctly in an efficient manner
- Support Finance Manager in preparation of the Events Management Accounts e.g. reviewing bank recs, performing credit card reconciliations, accrual releases
- Support Finance Manager in reporting on performance e.g. higher spending galleries, personal expenses reporting, status of credit control, and preparing an events management pack
- Develop close relationships with the business and gain an understanding of the Frieze business model
- Approve credit card claims through Concur and chase / report on late submissions
- Perform ad hoc analysis for the Finance Manager
Required Skills and Experience
- Looking for a candidate with strong transactional experience (ideally minimum of 2-3 years across AP, AR & credit control) who wants to develop their experience in a high volume, fast paced workplace within the events space
- Outgoing individual who can build relationships within the Finance team, the Frieze business and vendors / customers
- Very well organised, capable of juggling multiple tasks and delivering to deadline
- Driven individual who enjoys delivering their best
- Experience of working in the events sector is ideal
- Someone is happy hitting the phones to build gallery relationships and chase debt
- High attention to detail and standards
- Strong excel skills
- Calm under pressure
- Honest/has integrity
- Team player
If this sounds like it could be your next opportunity then apply today!
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered for the role.