An exciting opportunity has arisen in a prestigious, international media company for an Accounts Assistant to join their wider finance team, with a focus on the media side of the business.
This role will put you at the heart of the media business giving you a great overview of how the media business works and get you working closely with the various business teams that support it.
The role's primary focus is to ensure that AP, AR and credit control for the media business works efficiently and that the Media Management Accountant is supported in preparing the media management accounts and forecasts.
Key to your success will be effectively managing our outsource partner. They process payments, perform the data entry side of AP / AR and prepare the bank recs. You will also need to develop close working relationships with the Media Management Accountant and Media Business Partners so that you can build your knowledge of the business and add commercial value. You will also support the Financial Accountant in coordinating AP for corporate overheads e.g. rent, rates, office costs.
- Own AR for the media business, working with the key stakeholders to ensure that billing is timely and accurate as well as query resolution and ensuring the revenue is reconciled on a monthly basis
- Chasing debts in a timely fashion or allocating to the most suitable colleague, ensuring debtor days are minimised and reporting on this for the media business
- Coordinate weekly payment runs, ensuring that the business submit invoices and supporting documentation in line with AP process, that coding is correct and that our outsource partner are managed to pay on time.
- Develop close working relationships with key invoice submitters within the business and provide process training as well as resolving queries to ensure invoices are processed on time.
- Coordinate cash postings with our outsource partner across several transactional currencies, to ensure that all accounts are reconciled and that cash is applied correctly in an efficient manner
- Support Media Management Accountant in preparation of the Media Management Accounts e.g. journal posting, balance sheet recs, credit card recs - with scope for these responsibilities to grow over time once transactional duties mastered
- Support Management Accountant in reporting on performance e.g. ad sales performance per person, personal expenses reporting, status of credit control and building out a reporting pack on media KPIs for the senior management team
- Perform ad hoc analysis for the Media Management Accountant and Financial Accountant
- Develop close relationships with the business and gain an understanding of our business model
- Approve credit card claims through Concur and chase / report on late submissions
- In the lead up to fairs, you may also be required to support debt chasing to ensure that galleries pay in advance of the fair opening (in line with payment terms)
Required Skills and Experience
- Looking for a candidate with a minimum of 1-2 year's transactional experience (ideally across AP, AR & credit control) who wants to develop their experience in a high volume, fast paced workplace as well as broaden their accounting experience through business partnering and management account support work
- Experience of working in the media / creative sectors is ideal
- Very well organised, capable of juggling multiple tasks and delivering to deadline
- Driven individual who enjoys delivering their best
- Outgoing individual who can build relationships within the Finance team, the business and vendors / customers
- Happy hitting the phones to build customer relationships and chase debt
- High attention to detail and standards
- Strong excel skills
- Calm under pressure
- Honest/has integrity
- Team player
If this sounds like it could be your next opportunity then apply today!
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered for the role.