The main focus of the role will be supporting the Accounting Operations team through effective administration and general accounting tasks like GL entries, compliance reporting, procurement and cash management.
- Financial administration of company credit cards and point of contact for all UK staff.
- Bank administration tasks
- Dealing with expenses and travel queries from people in the business.
- Owning corporate apartments globally ensuring AP books invoices correctly, raising purchase orders and that approval processes are occurring.
- Assisting on treasury tasks including reviewing hedges and cash management.
- Preparation of month end calculations for accruals and prepayments.
- Entry-level accounting tasks including GL journal entries to support month end reconciliations.
- Work with other offices and some Global Shared Service Finance teams like Intercompany Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable. As well as the Shared Services company. Including assisting the various teams with their queries.
- Supporting the UK Finance Management with ad hoc duties
- Completion of surveys for Office for National Statistics
- Willing to take initiative on new and challenging tasks.
- Good communication skills, an ability to converse with all levels
- Absolute discretion and observance of confidentiality requirements
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Numerically accurate with a "good eye for detail".
- Basic appreciation for accounting concepts.
- Strong IT skills - Excel (vlookup & pivots) and an awareness of accounting systems (Oracle R12 highly desirable)
- Experience in a marketing services environment would be advantageous,
- Experience of working with oversea support services would be an advantage
- Be part of a strong, hardworking, young team
- Ability to self-serve.
- AAT - qualified or part qualified OR
- Degree educated with some Accounting content