Goodman Masson is thrilled to collaborate with a prominent humanitarian and international development organisation in their search for a Payroll and Finance Accountant to join their team for a minimum of 3 months.
In this role, you will play a pivotal part in maintaining and enhancing the payroll function. Your responsibilities will encompass:
- Collaborate with the Payroll & Finance Accountant in overseeing the payroll process for the organisation.
- Ensure the prompt, precise, and efficient processing of payroll for the London office (approximately 370 employees) and the New York office (approximately 20 employees).
- Utilise ADP Freedom/HCM for London office payroll and ADP TotalSource for New York office payroll to manage payroll functions.
- Document payroll journal entries within the financial accounting system and conduct reconciliations for payroll control accounts.
- Take charge of payroll tax-related matters, including PAYE, NIC, etc., to ensure the timely fulfilment of tax obligations and other relevant external reporting requirements.
- Execute all year-end payroll procedures.
- Collaborate with the organisation’s overseas regional offices to ensure accurate computation and reporting of staff benefits.
- Compile and administer all pension payments, including those for overseas regional offices.
- Maintain communication with both external and internal auditors regarding all payroll-related matters.
- Aid in reconciling travel claims and salary deductions when necessary.
- Provide support to the Financial Accounting Manager through participation in ad-hoc tasks.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field with a minimum grade of 2:2.
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of practical experience in payroll administration.
- Demonstrate familiarity with HMRC, state, and local payroll laws and regulations.
- Exhibit a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Display competence in accounting and controls.
- Ideally, have experience with UK Tax and familiarity with systems like ADP and Microsoft D365.
- Proficiency in intermediate-level Excel is a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal English skills, with proficiency in other languages being advantageous.
- Showcase outstanding communication and influencing abilities when interacting with individuals from diverse teams, hierarchies, and countries.
- Uphold a professional demeanour at all times.
- Exhibit a genuine interest and active engagement in the broader team and organisation.
- Embody excellent customer service skills, characterised by clear communication and adaptability to different audiences and tasks. Capable of presenting technical financial concepts to non-financial audiences.
- Demonstrate a proactive inclination towards delivering continuous improvement and best practices.
- Foster a collaborative approach while also being able to adopt a directive style when necessary.
- Take personal responsibility for the outcomes of decisions made by oneself or the team.
If you possess these qualifications and attributes, we invite you to apply and join us in making a meaningful impact within our organisation and the communities we serve.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.