Goodman Masson are currently recruiting for a large commodities trading business based in Moorgate who are looking for an accounts payable assistant to join their finance team. The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of debits and credits and be able to work on their own initiative.
To manage all aspect of the accounts payable and receivable ledgers;
- Processing payments of approved invoices (daily) - approx. 150 transactions/month per unit during busy times. Responsible for at least one unit, expected to assist the other two units in a busy time and during colleagues' absence. Daily volumes really depend on a time of the month/year and the candidate is expected to manage to volumes accordingly.
- Posting of approved invoice (daily) - as above.
- Recording of cash payments and allocations against purchase invoices (daily) - as above.
- Recording of cash receipts and allocations against sales invoices (daily) - around 110 transaction per month on the busiest bank to only a few transactions on the less busy banks. Expected to help and assist the other two units in a busy time and in their colleagues' absence
- Accurate reconciliations of all bank accounts (monthly) - currently ~ 17 bank reconciliations. Business continuously changes so the number of bank reconciliation will depend on business needs.
- Posting Liaison offices transaction as per each office monthly submission. Approx. 30 transaction/month. Liaise with the individual offices in case of discrepancies, issues and queries.
If this role is of interest please click apply!