Goodman Masson are recruiting for a Finance and Accounts Payable Assistant. You will be responsible to the Financial Controller for the day to day Accounts Payable and financial administration.
This will involve providing support with various tasks including Accounts Payable, Payroll, Bank reconciliations, month end balance sheet reconciliations, Netsuite transactions and the preparation of all supplier payments and staff expenses. This role is ideal for someone who is at an early stage in their accounts career or someone who is part qualified.
- Maintain the Purchase Ledger, including inputting all supplier transactions on a timely and accurate basis.
- Correctly account for VAT input tax and coding of transactions
- Reconciliation of control accounts on monthly basis
- Assisting in the preparation for the annual audit
- Preparing and maintaining schedules for balance sheet accounts, such as a detailed prepayment schedule.
- Ensure all invoices and expenses are authorised and coded correctly, including staff expenses.
- Prepare supplier and staff expenses payments in line with payment policies.
- Input all cash transactions and maintain files of cash receipts and payments vouchers.
- Record and administer use of company credit.
- Prepare and maintain a detailed aged Creditors report for weekly analysis.
You Will Possess
- Relevant accounting qualification(s), or the ability to demonstrate appropriate skills and knowledge. AAT or part qualified CIMA/ACCA
- Successfully worked in a similar role, ideally in a similar busy environment.
- Excellent numeracy skills & attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite (particularly Word and Excel).
- Experience of maintaining spreadsheets.
This is a fast moving role, immediate availability preferred.