Goodman Masson are recruting for an accounts payable assistant to join a well known public transport provider. The ideal candidate will have experience processing a high volume of invoices.
- Ensure that purchase requisitions raised are approved in accordance with delegated authorities.
- Ensure that all purchase orders are raised efficiently, include relevant information and are coded correctly according to the Management Accountants.
- Process all invoices and credit notes accurately and within the agreed timescales.
- Match all invoices against authorised orders, highlighting cases where orders have not been raised and follow this up with budget holders.
- Identifying reasons for coding errors and implementing systems improvements.
- Ensure that supplier queries are responded to in a timely and polite manner.
- Responsible for period end accounting process with responsibility for the closing the purchase ledger and preparing any required reconciliations to the General ledger.
- Responsible for matching and processing of invoices on Tact XV.
- Maintain good working relationships with all suppliers and resolve any issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Keep up-to-date with VAT knowledge affecting the purchase invoices depending on the type of supply in order to ensure accurate accounting of VAT reclaimable when processing.
- Complete new supplier detail forms and perform independent supplier company details and VAT number checks, to be set up and approved in accordance with company policy by the Head of Procurement and Head of Financial Accounting.
- Education to A Level or HNC
- At least 3-5 years in Accounts payable & Accounts receivable experience.
- Experience in using Navision is desirable
- Experience and a working knowledge of Purchase Ledger systems and processing
- Experience of managing a small team.
- Liaising with Internal and External individuals
- Good Excel Knowledge
If this role intrests you please click apply!