Accounts Payable Assistant
Temp to Perm
Offering between £30-£35k per annum
About The Company
This company is a modern metals company with the aim of creating value across the battery metals supply chain of mining, processing, and recycling. Their products will responsibly and cost-effectively provide supply chain solutions to the global battery metals market.
Role and Responsibilities
The primary tasks of the Junior Account Payable person are:
Accounts Payable: (75% of the job):
- Manage entire payables and intercompany functions for 3 Head Office companies
- Processing financial journals for Month end for the above companies,
- Assistance in Cash flow monitoring and forecasting,
- Process on bank, UK payments,
- Assist in maintaining the integrity of the internal control environment and systems.
- Processing/Paying invoices and employee expenses,
- Dealing with all invoice/payment queries,
- Bimonthly / Monthly payment runs,
- Performing bank reconciliations on AIQ,
- Raising Intercompany invoices/recharges, updating and managing intercompany,
- Assist preparing financial workbooks as part of month end,
- Processing Accruals/Prepayments/Fixed Asset/ etc. journals for month end,
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations,
- Updating cash flow reports,
- Assist in preparing quarterly VAT returns.
Ad hoc finance work: (25% of the job)
- ACCA/CIMA qualified/finalist accountant
- Inter-Company management, Multi currency preferred,
- Managing entire AP process,
- Ability to process financial journals,
- Month End processing
- Online banking systems use,
- Preparing VAT Returns,
- Extensive use of Excel, Word, Sage X3 desirable,
- Working in a small team,
- Managing multiple tasks and prioritizing.
Other/Analytical Skills Required:
- Ability to ‘think outside the box’ and to assimilate data into meaningful financial information,
- Good spreadsheet manipulation skills and aptitude for Excel work,
- A meticulous, methodical/logical, organized approach to work,
- Team player who is social, easy going, cooperative and able to take instruction where given.
- Offering between £30k – £35k
- Temp to Perm
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.