I am currently partnering with a well established media business based in West London who are seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Assistant to join their busy team.
The purpose of this role is to ensure the smooth running of the entire purchase to pay (P2P) process by both supporting the business in managing the purchase ordering system in Concur through to ensuring all invoices are paid in a timely manner in line with company policy. Support the travel & entertainment and credit card processes.
- Support the month-end process for accounts payable including ensuring all month-end reports tie out to the trial balance.
- Review aged creditor listings and open invoice listings to ensure payments are being made in a timely manner in line with company policies and problems are being dealt with efficiently.
- Partner the finance team and the business in reviewing useful reports including goods receipted not invoiced (GRNI), outstanding invoices in Concur and open PO listings to ensure the efficient and smooth running of the entire P2P process.
- Assist in working with the business to help establish PO super users in each department and ensure good relationships are established to enable a smooth P2P process.
- Work alongside the programming department to understand contractual payments due and ensure supplier relationships are improved.
- Support the Head of Finance in pro-actively designing and evolving appropriate processes and controls within the AP function.
- Process and attach supplier invoices, matching to purchase orders or coding where appropriate in a timely manner.
- Maintenance of vendor details.
- Reconcile/review supplier statements with added reference to older items.
- Query resolution with both suppliers and within the business.
- Maintain good practices and relationships with the regions (Poland, Germany and South Africa).
- Assist the Head of Finance with cash flow forecasting.
- Ensure all BIT OUT accounts are cleared in a timely manner.
Experience & Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of VAT status on multinational/multicurrency invoices
- Able to build and maintain excellent working relationships within the business whilst ensuring strong financial controls are adhered to
- Problem Analysis and Decision Making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good time management skills; to confidently manage conflicting priorities and deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with persons at all levels (internal and external).
If this role looks like it could be a good fit for you, then please apply via this advert or alternatively send your CV directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief covering note.