Position: Accounts Payable Clerk / Finance Assistant
Start date: ASAP
This is a newly created position as a result of the strong growth of the company.
Your speciﬁc responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the internal approval process for supplier invoices
- Entering purchase invoices in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with international VAT / global sales tax rules (in particular European VAT including reverse charges)
- Help to manage the supplier payment processes to ensure that all suppliers are paid on time
- Point of contact for queries in relation to accounts payable within the company
- Undertaking bank reconciliations across the Group
- Review of credit card to ensure that they are in line with company policy
- Provide ad-hoc general accounting assistance to the Senior Accounts Payable Clerk, Finance Manager and wider financial control team.
The role would suit someone that has a background in AP processes and is looking to further develop their knowledge and understanding in a new role.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in an Accounts Payable role
- Experience in multi-currency transactions across international entities preferable
- Very strong verbal and written business English
- Detail orientated and accurate
- Experience of robust control environment
- A resilient questioning approach; ability to spot, investigate and explain irregularities.
- Experience of international VAT / global sales tax rules (in particular European VAT including reverse charges) an advantage
- Good planning, prioritisation, problem solving and organisational skills
- Is looking to grow professionally as part of a small and fast moving team
- Strong interpersonal skills - willing to interact with all types of personalities
- Experience of fast growing tech start-ups strongly preferred
- Unlimited holiday
- Lunch every Friday
- Flexible working
- Company wide trips
- Choice of hardware
- Flexible travel policy