A well-known hospitality company are looking for an experienced, dedicated and diligent Accounts Payable Team Lead to join their wider finance team, and help manage their end to end accounts payable process.
Reporting to the Processing Manager, you will work closely with operations and management to make decisions about what's next on our horizon and working with teams across the business on a range of exciting projects. Finance is responsible for the meticulous management and reporting of our accounts, financial control, risk management and compliance.
This is a challenging role which requires not just commercial acumen, but a high level of EQ to forge strong relationships with our operations, who'll be looking to you to provide insight and expertise.
Duties and responsibilities
● Manage and mentor two direct reports
● Ensure all invoices and staff expenses globally are processed and approved via Concur
into the finance system accurately in a timely manner and paid on time from the correct
● Working with Partner Sales team to deliver timely self-billing and payments process for
● Ensuring cash matching against payments within the finance system and required
bounceback activities take place in a timely manner
● Ensuring vendor statements are reconciled and reviewed for discrepancies
● Assisting with month/year end reporting requirements as required
● Prepare cash payments forecast schedule for working capital calculations
● Actively pursue Accounts Payable process improvements to drive efficiencies and/or
create a more robust control environment
● Performing ad hoc Accounts Payable/Finance duties as required
Qualifications and experience
● 4+ years relevant solid experience working in a fast paced AP team and / or in a similar
role or equivalent experience.
● Efficient and well organised, pick up new activities quickly and able to multitask
● Strong communication skills and a team player
● Management skills
● Able to work well independently using own initiative and judgement
● Eagle-eyed ability to pick out inaccuracies and exacting attention to detail
● Netsuite, Concur and Salesforce experience preferable
● Eager to work in a company that's growing quickly, with a capacity to adapt, test and
● A degree in finance, accounting, economics or other quantitative subject, or other