A well-known and award-winning professional services company are recruiting for a brand new Accounts Payable Manager position.
You will have overall responsibility for the Accounts Payable function for all UK and International entities. You will be responsible for the day-to-day line management and development of the accounts payable team, currently consisting of two Finance Assistants.
- Review purchase ledger systems and processes to ensure efficient and effective operation of function in accordance with accounting policies and best practice
- Responsible for ensuring purchase ledger invoices are processed in a timely and accurate manner and payments made are accurate and on time
- Oversee and schedule regular payment runs, ensuring they are prepared and processed in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure all UK and International bank accounts are up to date and reconciliations are performed daily
- Ensure supplier statement reconciliations are performed as required
- Responsible for month-end reconciliation of purchase ledger and ensuring debit balance accounts are cleared on a timely basis
- Responsible for timely preparation and submission of biannual Payment Practises reporting
- Contribute to the review of policies, processes and procedures to identify weaknesses and implement controls
- Work with the Financial Controller to ensure financial and banking systems are appropriately set up to enable efficient processing and approval of supplier and ad-hoc payments
Skills and Experience
- AAT qualification is desirable
- Experience managing and Accounts Payable function, or at least 3 years experience working in an Accounts Payable function
- Excellent computer skills - including Excel and Access Dimensions experience
You will need to have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a high attention to detail is essential. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels. Experience working in a professional services organisation is an advantage.
If this sounds like it could be your next opportunity, then apply today!