Main duties and responsibilities
To be successful in this role the candidate will develop excellent relationships both internally and externally, demonstrate an unrivalled knowledge of the organisation's supplier base, effectively manage the day-to-day cash position and ensure a high level of accuracy of all AP transactions.
Team leadership & management
- Line manager for the AP team;
- Monitor, train, supervise and develop the AP team;
- Manage workflow of team and expectations of senior stakeholders;
- Ensure the AP team are meeting all deadlines, with a high level of accuracy;
- Ensure all documents are appropriately approved;
- Develop a set of AP KPIs, monitor performance and meet performance expectations.
- Implement and maintain a service culture within the AP function;
- Be seen as a knowledgeable, approachable, problem solver both internally and externally;
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies and supplier issues;
- Positively influence & educate internal and external stakeholders to ensure they follow the P2P process;
- Interact with budget holders and management.
- Manage and monitor Group bank balances, including daily communication to CFO on bank balances and movements;
- Manage day to day interaction with the banks and credit card provider;
- Complete bi-monthly cash flow reporting to senior members of the Finance team;
- Own the weekly payment run, manage payment timing, communication with payment approvers and documentation;
- Manage the day to day cash on an account basis, ensure sufficient funds available for payments including anticipating Direct Debits and foreign currency needs;
- Manage critical payment timetable;
- Purchase foreign currency in an efficient manner.
- Understand in depth the spend profile of the business;
- Oversight of invoice processing in the iDocuments platform, ensuring all invoices are captured and sent for approval in an accurate and timely fashion;
- Use exception reporting to identify problems before they become an issue;
- Manage communication with suppliers regarding their invoices;
- Review of monthly supplier statement reconciliations;
- Manage monthly closing of financial records.
- Manage the employee expense claim process;
- Review expense claims for both cash and credit cards in light of the expenses policy and ensure costs are accurately and appropriately allocated.
- Owner of the accounts payable processes and responsible for updating the flow charts where changes and improvements are implemented;
- Manage process and system improvement projects for example, automation of credit card and cash expenses and automation of bank payments from SAP;
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies, of the accounts payable function to ensure adherence to company guidelines;
- Responsible for the integrity of supplier information maintained in SAP.
- Take an active role in working with financial controllers to deliver high quality cost business partnering to all of the business' departments;
- The right individual will be capable of acting as a business partner in their own right, supporting select departments.