A leading FMCG chain is looking for a dynamic, energetic and enthusiastic Accounts Payable Leader to join the team to manage a team of AP clerks and oversee the AP function. The ideal candidate will have experience as an AP supervisor and looking to progress their career into AP Management.
- Timely and accurate processing of invoices from receipt to payment
- Ensuring comprehensive ledger maintenance. Including statement reconciliation, property accounts upkeep, supplier credits and unreconciled transactions are understood / resolved
- Liaising with various departments to ensure smooth efficient process flows.
- Monitoring team workload, set deadlines and KPI reviews
- Oversee payment run process
- Continuously search for innovative ways of improving the AP function
- Oversee invoices relating to international entities and I/C entries
- At least partly, and actively on the way to being, professionally qualified (ACCA / CIMA or equivalent). With evidence of timely progression through completion of examinations, ideally with less than one - two years remaining - 1st time passes are preferred.
- Management experience preferred.
- An understanding of how transactional processes fit into Finance overall.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work of team, in particular around month end.
- Understanding of project management & continuous improvement tools & methodologies
- Experience working within a transactional finance function with financial accounting software programmes
- Experience of working within a shared service or customer focused environment - meeting performance expectations based on defined Key Performance Indictors (KPIs)
- Between 2-4 years accountancy experience