Accounts Payable Analyst
6 months Fixed Term Contract
Offering between £40,000-£45,000 per annum
About The Company
This company is a global non-life specialty insurance company. They operate two core, highly complementary, businesses: Program Management and Legacy Insurance. Both these businesses are leaders in their respective markets. Their approach is to deploy their origination and underwriting capabilities, alongside their licensed and rated carriers in the US, EU and the UK, to generate attractive returns in Legacy Insurance and Program Management on behalf of both their capital partners and ourselves.
Responsibilities for intercompany
- Maintenance of netting accounts and correspondence.
- Prepare timely and accurately all intercompany invoices to/from respective country-based
R&Q legal entities serviced by service entities.
- Prepare and co-ordinate payment run with Treasury for all intercompany transactions in accordance with the intercompany netting procedure.
- Intercompany reconciliation including quarterly Intercompany reconciliation.
- Continuous process improvement within Intercompany issues.
- Assisting Group Accounting with the Intercompany improvement project.
- Prepares monthly allocation of service company activity, conducts analysis of trends, and uses professional judgement to settle variances
Responsibilities for Accounts Payable
- Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data.
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all invoices and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements.
- Generate reports detailing accounts payables status.
- Understand expense accounts and cost centres.
- Initiative and organizational skills are a must to ensure the timely completion of work.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Educated to A level Standard or equivalent.
- 2-4 years of related accounting experience in a publicly held company, preferred.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.