I am currently working with an exciting, high growth FMCG business based in East London, who are seeking an Accounts Receivable Assistant to join their busy team to take full ownership of the receivables function. Due to some movement within the business, this role is currently vacant so the business are looking to move quickly for an ASAP start.
- Processing and sending client invoices
- Responding to client enquiries and working with project managers to resolve invoicing issues
- Performing credit checks for new and lapsed clients
- Registering and setting up new client portals
- Exporting client invoices from CRM system to accounting package
- Deferred income journals at Month End
- Assist with balance sheet reconciliations
Monthly credit control tasks:
- Sending monthly client statements
- Reviewing the over 30 & 60 day debts
- Contacting clients with outstanding balances
- Recording the overdue statuses and expected payment dates
- Preparing the over 60 day debtors list with debt status
The candidate will join a small hard-working team and must be able to work closely with that team. They will offer key support to both Finance and Sales and it is vital that a strong relationship is built with both.
They will ideally have at least one to two years' accounts receivable experience within a SME/small company environment. Previous experience with accountancy software packages as well with Excel, Word and Outlook will also be an advantage.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential and the candidate must have the confidence and gravitas to be able to deal effectively with senior management and awkward clients.
The candidate needs to be able to work on their own initiative, be adaptable with good organisation skills and be able to plan their workload and resolve problems efficiently, while working to tight deadlines.
If this role seems like it could be a good fit for you please apply via this advert or send your CV directly to me at email@example.com with a note on why you think this job is for you.