A leading life reinsurer are seeking to hire an investments actuary to help build their asset solutions to clients’ needs in their recently formed asset focused funded solutions business. You will have a range of tasks and will have the opportunity to shape the proposition and the operating model. This will have the feel of working in an embryonic, but already transacting, business line, with the security of a successful and globally renowned reinsurance name behind you. You will be working with some of the most talented and respected people in the BPA industry and in a team responsible for the investment strategy of the business and ALM.
Over the next few years responsibilities of the role are likely to include the following areas, depending on experience of the individual candidate:
- Working closely with the internal portfolio management team on setting investment assumptions for pricing, and on execution of transactions, including hedging using derivatives.
- Developing the investment strategy for new business, including new asset classes, and structures for existing assets. This involves significant interaction with client facing members of the GFS team and clients directly to help to optimise client proposition. This also involves significant interaction with investment banks and asset managers offering structuring solutions to our company.
- Developing the alternative hedging strategies for future new business, including hedging currency and interest rates risks.
- Developing the liquidity framework and solutions for a reinsurance entity. This includes liquidity management for the existing book, as well as working with the group Treasury team on developing new liquidity facilities.
- Working with various corporate stakeholders on ad hoc queries, including Risk, Corporate Actuarial, Finance etc
- Senior level contribution to developing of the ALM framework for managing investment risks of the fast-growing portfolio, including credit, interest rates, currency and liquidity risks. This involves understanding of how both assets and liabilities respond to changes in market conditions. Familiarity with life insurance ALM is helpful but not essential
- Developing execution plan for more complex transactions, including developing hedging execution plan together with the internal portfolio management team and client’s transaction team.
You will be from one of the following types of background:
- ALM / Investment strategy team from an (re)insurance entity,
- VP / Director level Insurance solutions team from an investment bank or asset manager,
- VP / Director level quant or rates / FX structurer / trader from an investment bank or asset manager.
Please contact Bradley Grant for more information – Bradley.email@example.com 0207 019 8869
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.