Job Title: Analyst Developer (6 month FTC)
Hybrid work, 2 days in office.
Offering £400 – £600 per day
Join one of the top banks in the European Union and a major international banking establishment, they are looking for a skilled and ambitious Analyst Developer to join their London based team.
- Developing methodologies, models and back-testing capabilities for market, counterparty and credit risks
- Delivering market and counterparty risk systems
- Contributing to the industrialization of processes and systems.
Purpose of the role
The role is for a position within the Risk Systems – Calculation Engines team based in London.
- The candidate should have excellent Java skills with a good understanding of the JVM at a low level including multithreading, garbage collection and native access.
- The solution is high performance so the candidate should also have extensive experience working with distributed systems and architectures such as Oracle Coherence, Apache Cassandra, Platform Symphony.
- The candidate is expected to work in a fast-paced, agile environment with a strong emphasis on Continuous Delivery.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be expected to fulfil the role of a developer as follows.
- Translate requirements into solutions.
- Document solutions for maintenance and support.
- Take part in peer group code reviews.
- Take part in quality assurance reviews.
- Provide estimates for work.
- Provide updates of status and estimates to complete.
- Identify risks and issues, and help monitor them.
- Plan, design, perform, support and document integration tests.
Professional Qualifications / Candidate Profile Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
* Top Tier Engineering school, Msc or Phd in Science Computing
Computing Skills Required:
* Excellent software design, coding, documentation and analysis skills.
* Distributed Systems (Oracle Coherence, Apache Cassandra, Platform Symphony).
* Strong Java knowledge including hands on experience with Spring and REST.
* An appreciation of parallel programming techniques and ETL.
The successful candidate is expected to be
* Forward thinking skilled individual
* Delivery-focused with a good eye for detail
* Structured, organised and a good communicator
* Must be able to work closely with users, business analysts, application production and infrastructure teams.
* Willing to share knowledge and skills with other developers within the team
* Whilst able to work independently, should be a true team player.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.