A leading academy federation is looking for an Apprenticeship Manager to join their Office on either a permanent basis or consultancy basis.
This role will sit within the head office central team. This is a brand-new post and a priority role that will help deliver the foundations of our apprenticeship programmes as a main apprenticeship provider as well as employer. The Apprenticeship Manager will be responsible for overseeing the apprenticeship strategy delivery and acting as a central expert on all aspects of apprenticeships.
Main responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively with academy leaders, provide oversight of operational management and quality for the successful delivery of apprenticeship training programmes to ensure planning targets and strategic objectives are met
- Liaise with departments involved in apprenticeship programmes to ensure apprentices are effectively recruited, enrolled and inducted.
- Oversee the quality assurance system and implementation and completion of the learner journey – including ensuring that programmes are compliant in line with funding rules, progress is tracked, work-based assessment and monitoring takes place, key skills/functional skills are integrated into programmes.
- Ensure effective records are maintained including tracking of assessment and review progress, monitoring apprenticeship completions and the ensure readiness for inspection and audit.
- Manage the apprenticeship contracts, other work placed learning and external apprenticeship contracts, including communicating with SFA & NAS, and auditors. This will also include keeping abreast of changes to standards, contracts and funding changes and updating key stakeholders.
- Producing regular reports for Directors / Key Stakeholders on funding and quality performance across the organisation.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Good knowledge and practical experience of effectively planning and managing apprenticeship programmes across subject areas and at scale
- The ability to establish a new role and work collaboratively with key stakeholders to deliver successful apprenticeship programmes
- Good knowledge of the requirements of apprenticeship programmes both in terms of quality assurance and funding body requirements
- Strong project management skills with experience of complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Good knowledge of the future developments in apprenticeship policy and funding
- Experience of working across a large organisation, developing and delivering initiatives and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Understanding the needs of apprentices and experience of improving apprentice outcomes
- Experience of liaising with End Point Assessor Organisations
- Experience of curriculum planning and funding
- Experience of submitting apprenticeship ILR data returns
- Excellent knowledge of Ofsted and Funding rules and criteria
- Experience of providing excellent customer service and maintaining effective working relationships with customers/employers
- Experience of delivering quality improvement
- Hold a recognised assessor qualification
- Experience of Ofsted inspections
- Paying from £55K p.a. onwards plus bonus
- Hybrid working arrangement (open to discussion)
- Pension and other benefits
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.