This UK Bank is looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their London based finance team. The successful candidate must have recent banking experience.
- Perform general accounting functions (e.g. accruals/provisions/amortisation/depreciation, fixed assets register/capital expenditure, opening/maintaining internal accounts etc.)
- Prepare and input journal entries arising from performance of accounting functions
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assist with the preparation of the draft annual statutory accounts
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget
- Monitor actual expenditure against budget on a daily basis and discuss the variances with the Financial Controller
- Perform account reconciliations
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have experience within banking
- Currently studying towards ACCA/CIMA qualifications (or equivalent)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of basic accounting functions (AP/AR)
If this role looks like it could be a good fit for you, then please apply via this advert or alternatively send your CV directly to me at email@example.com with a brief covering note.