A long-standing, reputable Bank are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their wider Finance Team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for:
- Performing general accounting functions (e.g. accruals/provisions/amortisation/depreciation, fixed assets register/capital expenditure, opening/maintaining internal accounts etc.). Preparing and inputting journal entries arising from performance of accounting functions.
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Assisting with the preparation of the draft annual statutory accounts.this also involves liaising with external auditors and other departments within the Bank on various matters relating to the audit, in consultation with the Deputy Financial Controller.
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual budget for presentation to the Executive Directors and subsequently to the Board of Directors for approval. This function will be performed with the active involvement and support of the Deputy Financial Controller.
- Attending to audit confirmations (i.e. incoming requests as well as requesting the Bank's counterparties/customers for such confirmations).
- Monitoring actual expenditure against budget on a daily basis and discuss the variances with the Financial Controller (FC).
- Performing account reconciliations (e.g. nostro and sundry/internal accounts etc.).
- Providing cover for certain daily reports.
- Providing adhoc financial information and analysis as requested from time to time by the DFC or the FC.
- Performing other functions, within the remit of the Financial Control Department (FCD), as required by the DFC or the FCD.
The changes in the in the accounting and reporting standards and the changes in the business of the Bank will necessitate willingness to keep up to date with such developments. There will be scope for FCD staff to get involved in the regulatory reporting process after appropriate training.
Skills and Experience
- Part-qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA (Ideally you will only have 3-4 papers left)
- A relevant degree and strong academic background
- Strong accounting knowledge and experience gained in a banking environment is essential
- Knowledge/awareness of Bank regulatory reporting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a high attention to detail. You will be adaptable to changing requirements and a team player. You will be proactive and have a drive to succeed.
If this sounds like it could be your next opportunity then apply today!