I am currently working with a very exciting retail brand based in the City of London, who are seeking a receivables focused Assistant Accountant to join their finance team for a six month period, with potential for an extension/permanent contract thereafter. Reporting into the Finance Manager, this position will take responsibility for all accounts receivable duties as well as lending a hand with the businesses busy month end.
- Responsible for reconciling payments against a large amount of e-commerce sales & returns.
- Responsible for reviewing reports for accuracy and methodically tracing errors back to their source.
- Helping to produce month end numbers alongside the Assistant and Finance Manager.
- Responsible for completing balance sheet reconciliations after month end in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all debtors are fully reconciled at the end of each period (month).
- Assisting with the cashflow on a weekly basis.
- Supporting other members of the team as required.
Person profile and skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with both employees at all levels and external stakeholders.
- Flexible and willing to support other team members.
- Advanced level of excel knowledge.
- Have an organised and structured nature with ability to prioritise and schedule workload in order to meet deadlines.
- Good numerical and analytical skills with ability to investigate queries thoroughly and accurately.
- Show personal accountability, escalating issues and seeking guidance when required.
- Strong, effective communication skills (verbal & written) with a confident and articulate manner.
- Proactive, self-starter with a can-do attitude.
This role is an excellent opportunity to grow your skill set further in a progressive environment and join a high growth brand that has an exciting H1 planned. If you think this role would be a good fit for you please apply via this advert or send your CV to me directly at email@example.com.