A well established Real Estate business based in London is looking to hire an Assistant Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis as a result of expansion.
To qualify for this role you must have good experience with Bank Reconciliation work and have Good Excel experience/knowledge.
To support the Financial Controller in maintaining accurate and up to date accounts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all companies as well as certain other companies which are managed by the client.
- To post the required accounting entries and ensure any reconciling items are investigated and cleared.
- To prepare balance sheet reconciliations for all of the clients companies on a quarterly basis and post any required accounting entries.
- To assist the Financial Controller in calculating and posting accruals, prepayments and deferred income for each company.
- To prepare analysis for P&L accounts to provide insight and monitor performance
- To assist the Financial Controller with any other accounting activities as required. This may also include preparation of the quarterly management accounts and other reports for management.
- To look for ways to continuously improve the team's processes to make quarterly reporting and year end reporting more efficient
- To assist with the preparation of statutory accounts for each company and with the collation of audit files and supporting information for the year end audit.
Summary of qualifications and experience required
- To be part qualified as a Chartered/Certified Accountant
- To have at least 2 year's experience of working as a management or financial accountant or equivalent.
- Experience of using a general accounting software.
- Manipulation of data in excel will be an important aspect of the role and a high level of proficiency is required.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly.
- A good communicator at all levels.
- A team player and able to work collaboratively as part of a finance team and with non-finance individuals.
- An ability to be able to prioritise tasks and work on several projects simultaneously.
- To be able to identify process improvements and make suggestions for how to implement them.
- To have strong attention to detail and able to problem solve.
- To be organised and have good time management skills.
If you feel that you are suitable for this position and would like to fast track your application, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org