· providing advice to the Boards;
· providing assistance to Head Office on any corporate governance matters, and managing company secretarial matters;
· ensuring compliance with all statutory and regulatory filings;
· maintenance of corporate statutory books and records, including recording powers of attorney;
· ensuring the smooth running of the Boards and of the Board’s committees’ activities by preparing agendas and papers for the Boards and Boards’ committees;
· advising on Board procedures and ensuring Board compliance with corporate governance policies, board mandate and committee terms of reference, and the constitutional documents;
· ensuring compliance with relevant laws;
· attending meetings to take minutes;
· advising the businesses on company secretarial matters as requested;
· keeping under close review all legislative, regulatory and corporate governance developments that might affect the operation of the Boards, and assisting with Board briefings on these developments;
· arranging directors’ training;
· managing the annual evaluation of the Boards;
· managing the on-boarding of a new director (including establishing regulatory approval where required);
· managing the transfer of intra-directorate responsibilities (including establishing regulatory approval where required);
The job holder must ideally be either a
- a) Qualified Chartered Secretary
- b) Qualified Accountant or
- c) Qualified Lawyer
The job holder must also have a proven track record of administering boards in a financial services regulated environment.
In addition, ideally, the job holder will have the following experience:
- experience advising boards of regulated entities on corporate governance matters,
- exceptional oral and written communication skills. Must be an effective communicator with good interpersonal skills,
- highly organized, ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks,
- sound computer skills and the ability to adapt and apply new technologies,
- a proven track record in dealing with directors, executive officers and support staff in a professional and courteous manner,
- can demonstrate the ability to develop and leverage professional working relationships,
- can demonstrate successfully working to and meeting tight deadlines within a pressured environment.
Highly advantageous if the job holder has a deep knowledge of the Central Bank of Ireland’s Corporate Governance Requirements for Credit Institutions 2015.
If interested, please apply below. Alternatively, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.