Assistant Corporate Secretary
A leading pensions company is currently looking for an Assistance Corporate Secretary to join their fast-growing team in Central London. This role offers an opportunity to work for this unique organisation at a very exciting time, in a fast-paced and high-profile environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Deputy Corporate Secretary to develop and implement the governance arrangements
- Ensuring that the right flow and quality of information is provided to the company's Committees
- Maintaining the forward agendas for Committees and advising these Committees on compliance with their terms of reference
- Ensuring that policies owned by Secretariat remain fit for purpose
- Collaborating constructively with other members of the General Counsel Directorate on project work
- Drafting reports for the Deputy Corporate Secretary on governance issues
- Managing the delivery of online papers and information for members
- Supporting the completion of an annual Board and committee effectiveness review
- Any other tasks and duties that are commensurate with the level of the role and requested by the Deputy Corporate Secretary
Experience and technical skills
You will be able to demonstrate the following experience and technical skills:
- Previous experience of working in a company secretary team supporting boards for a comparable and complex, high profile organisation (Ideally a financial services organisation, a large occupational pension scheme, an NDPB or trust-based organisation);
- Evidence of providing hands on support to technically complex meetings.
Personal attributes required
- a highly motivated, astute and confident attitude to problem solving;
- the tenacity to cope with a high workload in a fast paced environment;
- the ability to think and operate at a strategic level;
- highly developed relationship building and stakeholder influencing skills;
- hands on planning and organisational skills
- discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- great attention to detail
- great communication skills.
If it sounds like a good match for you, apply now!