I am currently partnering with a long standing client of mine who, after continued growth, have chosen to add a middle layer of management to their busy global credit team. Reporting into the Global Credit Manager, this role will take charge of a team of two as well having full responsibility for the day to day function of the department.
- Credit risk assessments for new business, making recommendations to the Global Credit Manager.
- Ongoing credit risk assessments for existing customers, identifying where the risks are.
- Analysing financial statements, balance sheet and P&L.
- Cash collection for outstanding debts by telephone and e-mail.
- Providing cash collection forecasts and making adjustments weekly.
- Providing debtor reporting to the Global Credit Manager and Sales.
- Working with Sales and internal departments to resolve customer disputes and invoice queries.
- Managing system changes and development.
- Preparing submissions to debt collection agencies and lawyers.
- Account reconciliations.
- Ad-hoc duties as required and to provide cover for holidays/sickness.
Skills & Experience
- Relevant experience in commercial environments preferably one of which must be international credit, dealing with overseas clients.
- Focused on delivery of company KPIs, working to deadlines.
- Good account reconciliation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- CICM part qualified, or a desire to study.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships. Must be confident and assertive.
- Influencing/negotiating skills to effectively manage internal departments and external customers.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to adapt to ongoing process and system changes.
- A good understanding of how to prioritise tasks and multitask.
This role will be a fantastic opportunity for any hands on senior credit controller who is keen to grow both their technical and people management skill set towards the goal of eventually becoming credit manager.
If you feel this could be a good fit for you, please apply via this advert or to be fast tracked, please send your CV directly to me a email@example.com along with a brief covering note.