Assistant Finance Manager
We are currently recruiting for a full-time experienced Assistant Finance Manager; the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
Key responsibilities & duties
- Assisting with and taking responsibility of all aspects of accounting
- Assisting to produce monthly P&L and balance sheets
- Provide financial reports to the manager
- Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare VAT returns
- Update company assets records in a timely manner
- Providing financial analysis required by senior management to make business decisions
- Monitor and review cashflow daily
- Provide assistance to senior management for year-end financial reporting, statutory audit and meeting deadlines as required.
- Management of Purchase Ledger and Credit Control
- Review and approve monthly reconciliations prepared by accounts team, review aged debtors and aged creditor reports and ensure any outstanding issues are resolved
- Ad hoc requests as and when required
Key Skills and Experience Required
- At least 3 years working in finance with experience in management accounting
- Results driven with a proven track record.
- Experience working in the Construction/Haulage industry desirable.
- Ability to problem solve by reviewing and investigating customer accounts, cashflows, monthly and year end accounts.
- The role requires a high standard of attention to detail with excellent communication skills both verbal and written and you must be able to liaise with customers and with office staff.
- A strong accounting background combined with good IT skills is essential including confidence with using Microsoft Office, advanced Excel skills and Sage 50
- You must be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision, manage your own workload, and provide support to the management team as and when required. An individual who is passionate about their role and able to remain calm under pressure, confident and self-motivated initiating action to improve service to the business.
- There is a heavy workload so the individual must be well organised and able to prioritise tasks to maintain a good and regular coverage of all accounts for which they are responsible.