A leading retail bank currently requires an Assistant Manager to join their Hedge Accounting team. This role is a critical hire and have processes in place to carry out virtual interviews and on-boarding.
The Hedge Accounting team plays an important role in controlling the volatility of P&L and ensuring that the valuations for derivatives are correctly applied. The team is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of hedge policies, track the fitness for purpose of hedges, perform the monthly calculation of hedge accounting and support the delivery of change regarding new projects within the Treasury function where Hedge Accounting is needed through the Complex Technical Review process for new functionalities.
You will be accountable for...
- Initiates , leads and delivers agreed change programs to achieve continuous improvement.
- Takes part in the identification and development of solutions, strategies and models to manage P&L volatility in line with accounting standards and risk appetite.
- Collaborates in the production of daily P&L information for Treasury Products.
- Liaises with other Finance colleagues to ensure that cross Treasury - Retail operations work correctly.
- Provides input to Regulatory Reporting colleagues as part of the quarter and annual statements notes plus liaises with a wide range of stakeholders.
For your application to qualify you will have the following...
- Knowledge of accounting treatments, especially IAS39 and IFRS13 for Treasury instruments.
- Experience on valuation for the different Treasury instruments.
- Provides insights on the causes for hedge ineffectiveness and P&L volatility.
- Manages the execution of the monthly Hedge accounting processes.
- Manages the production of monthly MI reporting pack for hedge accounting.
- Demonstrates experience in dealing with complex application environments and dealing with IT personnel.
- Technical skills in extracting and using information from automated systems will be a bonus e.g. SAS, SQL .
Please apply now to discuss further.