Our client is a leading global investment advisory business which provides investment consultation to institutional investors and they are looking for an Associate Director to join their alternatives team. Reporting to the Managing Director you will perform manager selection processes run on behalf of institutional clients in hedge funds and liquid alternatives strategies. This will include manager assessment and analysis, due diligence, forming recommendations, report preparation and presentation to clients as well as guaranteeing the quality of investment advisory offered across hedge funds, and other liquid alternative strategies.
In the role you will be gathering qualitative and quantitative information, including operational due diligence, performing detailed portfolio analysis of portfolios, assessing their consistency with the manager's investment approach, preparing and presenting investment
analytics/meeting papers prior to manager research meetings, attending research meetings.
As a senior member of the team, you will continue to raise the business profile in the market through attending conferences and media contributions such as interviews and articles. As well as being responsible for contributing to business development by assisting in the development of sales strategies, providing technical support in client and prospect meetings and helping clients design an investment strategy.
- Significant experience with a focus on hedge fund or liquid alternative investment manager selection at either an investment consultant, FoHF / multi-manager, or asset / wealth management firm. Candidates with direct hedge fund investment experience will also be considered, although they must be able to demonstrate appropriate manager selection skills.
- Knowledge across strategies in Equity L/S, Global Macro, CTA, Event Driven, ARP and Arbitrage will be advantageous.
- Undergraduate degree from a top university with additional qualifications (CAIA & CFA).
- Demonstrate quantitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Project management skills.
- Motivated, able to demonstrate curiosity and strong analytical skills, a clear thinking, leadership, strong interpersonal and presentation skills at senior level.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively in a small team environment.