An Asian Investment Bank currently requires an Audit Manager to join them on a 6 month rolling fixed term contract.
You will be responsible for...
- Undertaking effective ongoing monitoring of certain elements of the EMEA Corporate, Investment & Regional Banking portfolio, highlighting key risk issues to business and EIAO management.
- Assist the Head of Audit in aspects of the maintenance of the risk universe, risk assessments and audit plans where required.
- Support Senior Audit Managers (SAM) on strategy and approach papers for entities and risks within their Head of Audit's portfolio. May be set appropriate continuous monitoring assignments by the Head of Audit/SAMs.
- Understand and develop specialist areas of subject matter expertise in Corporate, Investment & Regional Banking business areas (Corporate, Structured and Trade Finance, Transaction Banking), products and associated risks. These areas (if not already known) will be agreed by the Head of Audit based on the team's skills assessment matrix.
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with key stakeholders and auditees within their audit engagements or areas of continuous monitoring.
- Execute and deliver aspects of audit engagements to the required methodology and Quality Assurance standards.
- Apply audit methodology to all work performed, seeking guidance as required.
- Assist in agreeing Management Action Plans and Issue follow-up with stakeholders, as directed.
- Develop an appreciation of risk and control more generally in banking.
- Work collaboratively with all Internal Audit colleagues regionally and globally.
- On occasions, be required to work on team initiatives.
- Travel across EMEA may be required (up to 25% of time).
For your application to qualify, you will have the following...
- Professionally qualified (ACA, CFA etc).
- Experience of working in an Audit function within the Financial Services sector.
- Good understanding of corporate, structured and transaction banking gained in a major corporate banking firm.
- A basic understanding of the regulatory environment, in particular the FCA and PRA Handbooks.
- Experience in compliance and regulations driven audit work conducted across corporate, structured and transaction banking business areas.
- Experience of working in a similar audit function for a major corporate/investment bank or Big-4 firm.
- Knowledge of how to use data analytics to drive continuous risk monitoring and perform audits.
- Experience in auditing corporate, structured or transaction banking key business areas with a good appreciation of the risks/risk environment associated with such front office business areas.
- Experience of banking environments and applicable regulations across EMEA would be useful
Please apply now to discuss further.