We are currently working with a client who is running one of the top open source, distributed SQL database companies in the world. Their mission is to make data more accessible to both technical and non-technical stakeholders and they do this by eliminating the need for proprietary non-SQL code with their new fully scaleable SQL database built for distributed computing. They are now looking to bring on Senior Backend Engineers.
- Design, code, and test across their distributed, open source database. You bring your expertise to the table to help them build the best database for their all of their users.
- Work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders both in-house and in the open source community to design, implement, and integrate new features and tools into their database platform.
- Make sure that their products continue to stay scalable, survivable, and maintain the same level of consistency as they grow as a company.
- A strong passion for working on complex technical products and exposure to distributed systems, concurrency control, data replication, file systems, or SQL processing.
- Experience working with languages like Go, C/C++, Java, and Python.
- Experience building collaborative relationships with your colleagues. You enjoy being part of the code review process and partnering with your teammates on challenging problems.
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.