I am currently partnering with a high growth professional services business based in the City of London who searching for a talented Billing & Collections Team Leader to take charge of their receivables team of three. This is an exciting role, in the fact that it has been newly created due to client and revenue growth across the business and will be both a people management and 'hands on' role in terms of managing the team and actively being involved in the day to day billing and collections activity.
- Overall responsibility for billing and credit control for all UK and international entities, ensuring compliance with regional invoicing and tax requirements
- Responsible for line management of the invoicing and collections team, currently 3 people
- Handle escalated queries and complaints
- Responsible for the operation of effective processes and controls, that ensure the accuracy of invoices, including that they are raised from the correct entity and that VAT treatment is correct
- Ensure invoicing is carried out on a timely basis, including proactively working with business to ensure all requirements are in place e.g. PO's
- Prepare / review invoices and send to project managers for approval
- Ensure credit notes/write offs are properly authorised.
- Maintain accurate and up to date invoicing records.
- Responsible for managing the collections process, ensuring robust processes are in place, to ensure prompt payment of invoices by clients
- Manage team to work closely with the business and client finance teams throughout collections lifecycle
- Produce regular reporting ensuring accuracy of data and narrative commentary
- Run the weekly debtors meeting to update FD/FC on WIP / Debt status
- Assist with logging contracts and chasing outstanding project documentation
- Produce / review regular contracts reporting
- Ensure process documentation and training material is maintained
- Contribute to the review of policies, processes and procedures to identify weaknesses and implement controls.
- Maintain and update knowledge of invoicing and VAT issues for UK and overseas entities, keeping abreast of changes in legislation and practice, ensuring that knowledge is shared/acted upon as appropriate
To be considered for this position you will have a wealth of experience in both people management and the hands on experience of dealing with all elements of the accounts receivable process, from billing clients to collecting cash to allocating and reconciling what comes in.
Furthermore, you will need an existing knowledge of receivables processes as, along with the day to day role, you will be required to better the businesses current processes and design new processes to ensure the department is running at optimum output.
Your working outlook will be positive and collaborative and you will enjoy the challenge of building relationships with key stakeholders across the business to ensure the integrity of data entering and leaving the receivables team, as well as working with and developing your team members in tandem with business requirements.
This is a fantastic role for any experienced Team Lead or Supervisor looking for a new challenge, so if you think this could be a good fit for you, please apply via this advert or send your details directly to me at email@example.com with a brief covering note of why you think you'd be a good fit for the role.