A major new player in the North Sea are seeking a recently qualified, or about to qualify, accountant to join their Operational Finance team as Business Controller.
Based in brand new offices in Central London this is a great opportunity for someone looking to continue or start a career in Oil and Gas, and who has experience in accounting, project budgeting, forecasting and management reporting.
Please do apply for more information but this is an varied role in an incredibly exciting company and the perks and package offered are market leading.
To develop and maintain the cost controlling processes and reporting for the Upstream Shale Operations. The post holder will be the focal point for Shale asset performance providing financial support to the Asset Manager(s) and Shale Operations team. Support cost controlling process and monthly management reporting the wider oil and gas team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Maintain "cost tracker" and budget review for Non Operated Assets.
- Maintain "cost carry tracker" for Non Operated Assets.
- Prepare and maintain "cost tracker" for Operated Assets relating to "Pad Construction" and "Off Pad" expenditure, including review of PO's against approved budget, account coding for PO requisitions and review and release of invoices against approved PO's for Asset Manager's approval in SAP workflow.
- Preparation of month end accruals for Shale Operations (including drilling).
- Prepare monthly Evaluation & Exploration (E&E) report (project expenditure) reviewing expenditure against budget and providing variance commentary.
- Prepare monthly Administration report reviewing expenditure against budget and providing variance commentary.
- Maintain budget and quarterly forecasts for Shale Operations - admin costs, timewriting and project expenditure.
- Assist in the preparation of a rolling 3 month expenditure and cash flow forecast showing anticipated cost spend.
- Timewriting analysis & review for upstream projects.
- Support the preparation of UK monthly reporting data books and variance analysis against budget.
- Support the preparation of quarterly full year forecasts.
- Support annual budget process and submission to Group finance.
- Ad hoc projects - provide support as required to the UK Business Controller team.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- CIMA qualified, or equivalent experience.
- Comfortable working independently with minimal day to day supervision.
- Good communications skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Proactive approach to the position with confidence to follow through on initiatives.
- Organised and flexible approach to work.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel.
- Competent user of SAP & AP workflow.
- Experience in accounting, project budgeting, forecasting and management reporting.
- Experience of the Oil & Gas industry an advantage.