A fast growing on-line marketplace, currently require a Business Intelligence Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. Based in Bournemouth but open to candidates who wish to work on a fully remote or hybrid basis. You will be joining a growing Business Intelligence team, working on a project to build and maintain an accurate data warehouse concept with a visualisation layer to enable access to data.
You will be responsible for;
- Responsible for designing and documenting solutions and business metrics
- Responsible for designing and building analytics capabilities using leading BI and Analytics tools.
- Responsible for designing, integrating and maintaining all semantic level datasets using business logic for one version of the truth
- Design and release business reports in a user accessed manner in line with requirements and existing business outputs
You will have the following skills/qualifications;
- Data Warehouse/Lake Management – the ability to design warehouse and data lake structures and manage them effectively. Understanding of location management (preferably BigQuery)
- ETL – Understanding of ETL / ELT functions – Data pipeline creation – Nocode / Low code acceptable. Ability to create and manage multiple data pipelines in production – Airbyte preferred but can be trained.
- Data Transformation – ability to transform raw data into usable business datasets that have multi-purpose uses and bring the data to life for the end user (preferably DBT)
- Understanding of data orchestration – an understanding of orchestration procedures and principles, scheduled queries at a minimum, Airflow or other DAG led solutions preferable.
- MySQL – Basic understanding of Mysql architecture for data transfer purposes
- API integration – Understanding API structures and how to test using tolls such as postman, automation of API calls would be ideal but not essential as templates and connector frameworks in place. Must understand JSON and API Methods.
- Data visualisation – Visualisation Tools (e.g. Google Data Studio, Tableau, Looker, etc…)
- GCP – Basic GCP admin – IAM, service accounts, compute instances, billing
Coding Skills –
- SQL – Ability to write complex SQL queries for data model creation.
- Python – Not necessary to be a developer, but some commercial experience and at the minimum an understanding of python and how it is used in data processes.
Version control – GIT – Commercial experience of versioning control software would be great but can be taught.
Understanding on security – Data security and storage (cross country/continent)
- Docker experience,
- Cloud software deployment,
- GTM – GTM tag management (setup and tag changes)
- Linux Admin
£55k depending on experience.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.