I am currently working closely with a business based in London's West End who are seeking a Cash Book Assistant to join their team on an immediate basis for a two to three month period.
- Review daily sales/takings reconciliations and investigate variances for stores and website
- Perform the daily reconciliation between credit card / cash accounts and store submissions, including working with the stores, post office, and online payment platforms to resolve any anomalies
- Discuss irregular and missing store cash collections with store managers and work with all involved parties to resolve problems on a timely basis
- Review and follow up store till unders/overs at period end to ensure cleared/explained as appropriate
- Assist stores with all banking queries
- Responsibility for Head Office sterling and foreign petty cash including maintenance of petty cash records and completion of a cash reconciliation at each month end
- Post bank payment and perform bank reconciliations for all accounts on a weekly and monthly basis
- Produce and distribute the weekly cash variance and void reports
- To review store safe counts, reconcile balances to the nominal ledger and investigate differences on a timely basis
- Distribute and control recording of all gift vouchers issued to stores
- Set up new suppliers for account payables including checking credit limits etc
- Set up banking arrangements for new stores
- Arrange store cash collections and review to ensure adequate in accordance with safe limits
- Work with Internal auditor and provide required information
- Ensure deposits and advances are accurately accounted for
- To perform any other activity pertinent to the role as requested
To be a good fit for this role you will have a solid background within accounts receivable, ideally from an FMCG or Hospitality background. You will have excellent attention to detail, be skilled at high volume reconciliations, able to manage stakeholder relationships effectively and to positive outcomes, and work closely with the team to ensure accuracy of figures.
If you feel you would be a good fit for the role, please apply via this advert or send your CV directly to me a firstname.lastname@example.org.