TITLE – CATEGORY MANAGER – CONTACT CENTRE AND SUPPLY CHAIN
LOCATION – SLOUGH (FLEXIBLE WORKING)
SALARY – £50-560K PLUS 10% BONUS, BENEFITS AND CAR ALLOWANCE
We are looking for a Category Manager to join a leading multinational telecommunications company! The principal purpose of this role is to maximise the value derived from key supplier relationships by leading the use of innovative category management, sourcing and supplier relationship/contract management techniques as well as sourcing tools and techniques that drive best commercial value, and mitigate ‘s business risk. This role will cover all commercial engagements with third party suppliers, in the category area.
As a Category Manager you will be responsible for developing and implementing category plans which deliver your stakeholders’ requirements for third party goods and services whilst minimising whole life costs and mitigating commercial and operational risk. You will manage complex, high value purchases, working closely with senior technical, finance & legal colleagues in the UK to establish commercial and contractual requirements and with Group Procurement colleagues to agree and deliver sourcing and negotiation strategies.
Category Management & Supplier Strategy
- . To develop and implement category plans, in alignment with key UK & TGS stakeholders, that deliver operational requirements, meet budget & savings challenges, and mitigate against external & internal
- Develop category strategies which address spend & budget data, the current & potential supplier base and which consider all potential levers (including demand and specification management) to
- reduce cost and drive improved performance.
- ??Implement and continuously review “living” category plans that remain aligned to company,
stakeholder and Procurement obiectives
- ??Monitor and analyse the relevant supply market to understand best industry practice and ensure that
TEF UK is best positioned to maximise its business opportunities and minimise its business risk.
- ??Lead the development of specific contract and supplier plans in the relevant category and lead their implementation as part of the TEF UK’s sourcing / supplier management process.
- ??Lead the delivery of cost saving initiatives by working in close cooperation with the relevant Telefonica stakeholders (including UK Finance and TGS).
- ??Identify, prioritise, and maintain a pipeline of cost saving opportunities within that category.
Sourcing & Purchase Management
- ??Lead complex and high-value sourcing activities with the sourcing policy & guidelines whilst leveraging international opportunities to consolidate spend across the Telefonica Group.
- ??Manage stakeholder engagement up to SLT Level in the UK and with the relevant Category leads
- ??Utilise category knowledge to create negotiation strategies & targets in cooperation with UK and
- corporate stakeholders.
- ??Fully utilise e-sourcing tools and capability (e-RFPs, e-auctions, workflow management and reporting).
- ??Lead local negotiations and represent UK Procurement alongside TGS in Global processes.
- ??Work with the UK Legal team to ensure that awarded contracts are formalised with suppliers and
that the contract is accurately registered in the relevant contract register and enabled for ordering
through the TEF UK eProcurement system.
Contract & Supplier Management
- * Manage the programme of in-life contract & supplier management activity within the team, cooperation with key stakeholders and in line with Procurement best practice and company policies.
- Ensure contract compliance by ensuring that contract risk assessments are completed, and
- Contract owners identified in accordance with the Commercial Contract Management (CCM)
- Act as the commercial interface for the management of all contracts within the category with responsibility for leading supplier negotiations on all new commercial risks and opportunities, working in conjunction with the operational Contract Owners.
- ??Act as the commercial interface for all suppliers within the category
- ??Working with stakeholders to create and deliver agreed account strategies for all key suppliers
and ensuring these strategies sit within a suitably tailored supplier management framework
- ??Supporting & guiding the stakeholders in relation to commercial risks and opportunities that may
arise with non-Key suppliers on an ad hoc basis.
- ??Identifying the commercial benefit (e.g. cost reductions & process improvements) opportunities
arising from those supplier relationships. Projecting those opportunities and leading the resulting
- commercial supplier interaction at executive level.
- ??Working regularly with stakeholders up to SLT level to ensure commercial opportunities are maximised
and risks managed within a dynamic and tast moving environment
- ??Understanding stakeholder strategy and motivation and ensure they are reflected in the strategic category planning and in the day to day conversations.
- ??Bold, objective and creative communication with stakeholders, challenging as necessary and working
through issues to ensure a convergence of obiectives.
- ??Understand the global context and apply knowledge to the benefit and other group businesses. This will include working with senior UK & global stakeholders to ensure alignment of
strategy and engagement of multiple teams to ensure the delivery of successful procurement projects.
- ??Working with and alongside Finance and Legal, delivering a cohesive decision making process
and a smooth end to end procurement service to the business
- ??Ensuring compliance with Procurement Procedure and Policies including company quality,
Environmental and corporate social responsibility requirements
- Apply Telefonica policy and best practice throughout the end-to-end Procurement process.
- Ensure that all negotiated contracts include pricina schedules capable of incorporation as e-catalogs.
- Ensure compliance with Procurement Procedure and Procurement Policy.
- Ensure compliance with TEF UK’s corporate product, quality, environmental and corporate social
- * Strong and proven commercial acumen, with a track record of delivering exceptional value from supplier relationships
- * Developing category, budget, and supplier strategies
- Running Commerce applications and substantive sourcing events within blue-chip organisations
- Negotiating pricing & contract terms
- Managing the commercial elements arising from contract implementation, amendments,
- extensions, and disputes with a nominated range of suppliers.
- Experience of using management information from ERP and Purchasing systems
- Deep contract law knowledge
- Strong analytical and Desktop skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with and influence suppliers and internal
Stakeholders at the highest level
- Strong stakeholder management skills: The ability to engage and influence effectively at senior
levels internally and externally
- Excellent people management skills
The ability to lead cross-functional teams and virtual teams
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.