I'm currently recruiting for a Category Manager to join a FTSE retailer.
Responsible for the end to end management of the category of spend, providing the business with a robust supply chain which meets requirements and delivers value for money. Leads the development and delivery of category plans by working with the business to understand and plan for sourcing requirements whilst ensuring all purchasing decisions offer best value for money and where possible the total cost of the good or services are reduced through the effective use of sourcing levers. Responsible for the management of all aspects of ongoing Contracts and supplier management whilst supporting the business to performance manage suppliers. The role is responsible for the calculation and delivery of identified sourcing savings in line with the expectations of the business.
Key Responsibilities of the Category Manager:
- Where appropriate, develop the category plan for the category and sub categories under management, in line with the procurement and category strategy, aggregating demand to leverage scale and scope.
- Manage the category using procurement levers to manage demand, reduce total cost of ownership (TCO), optimise performance, service and requirements and deliver value for money.
- Uses spend analysis, total cost in use models and market benchmark data to support category planning.
- Provide supply market knowledge and subject matter expertise to inform the end to end management of the category and support the business in key sourcing decisions.
- End to end delivery of category plans, from strategy through implementation and benefits realisation ensuring appropriate balance of cost, service, risk and adherence to Plan A are considered in all procurement decisions.
- Manage all Source to Contract activity, taking responsibility for the development and approval of sourcing strategies, market testing, negotiation and contract award and signature.
- Develop detailed Contract schedules, ensuring that standard terms and conditions are utilised in all Contract awards.
- Implement/on-board new suppliers, including the transition and exit of old suppliers, ready for the business to consume.
- Monitor and manage business compliance for approved suppliers and any established frameworks, and remedy off contract spend.
They are looking for someone with ideally 5 years category management experience.