- The Category Manager will sit on relevant stakeholder committees and positively influence appropriate forums of the businesses/ functions.
The Category Manager will also be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the creation of sub-category strategies and plans to achieve or exceed agreed savings targets for the category.
- Driving business outcomes and behaviours with subject matter expertise to drive value through the category planning lifecycle.
- Constantly monitoring supplier market and identify opportunities resulting from new product offerings and/or market shifts (e.g. entry or exit of suppliers, changes in pricing, risk on category).
- Seeking alternatives to current category specifications/ demand parameters.
- Continually monitoring buying channel compliance for the business/ function with whom they own the Procurement relationship and driving corrective action as necessary.
- Has up-to 15 years of IT Procurement/Sourcing roles
- At least 5 years of experience in Category management/Portfolio defined roles
- Experience in leading large, complex negotiations on software applications and implementation services with key Supplier’s such as of Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, SAP etc.
- Experience in leading Supplier Management and third party risk frameworks for the above large Suppliers’
- Demonstrates delivery of category plan and meeting savings targets
- Understand wide range of licensing applications and negotiating best in class
- Has degree or CIPS related qualification
If interested, please apply below. Alternatively, email email@example.com
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.