The Chief Finance Officer (CFO) position is accountable for multiple financial and administrative areas within the Bank. Leading the overall management of finance and regulatory reporting department of the Bank, this includes the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve the Bank assets and report accurate financial results. Further accountable for the accurate reporting of the various regulatory returns applicable to the Bank.
- Assisting the CEO in formulating the Bank’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic Business Plans
- Develop Financial and Tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Monitor, assess and recommend the impairment provision in accordance with IFRS 9
- Develop performance measures and monitoring systems that support the Bank’s strategic direction
- Accountable for model management of ICAAP, ILAAP and IFRS9 and its assurance
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, regulatory reporting and tax departments
- Oversee the Bank’s transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee Banking operations, financial information, regulatory reporting, risk and funding
- Candidate must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Business Administration.
- Qualified Chartered Account (ACCA) or its equivalent especially ICAEW qualified Chartered Accountant or ICAS (equivalent Scottish qualification) will be preferred
- 5-7 years of Management Experience in Finance role in a UK regulated Bank.
- Should have working knowledge and experience of IFRS 9, other UK statutory accounting requirements for a PIE, PRA, FCA, BoE regulatory reporting
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills with the ability to interact with all levels of staff and management * Experience of managing key stakeholder relationships, including external auditors
- Proven strong leadership and people management skills with strong abilities to communicate complex issues at board level both orally and in writing
- A reputation for integrity and a broad appreciation of financial and international matters are essential
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.