I am partnered with an NHS organisation who are looking to recruit a Clinical Applications Specialist at the Band 7 level on a permanent basis, in Central London.
This position requires you to maintain and develop all of the clinical applications that the Trust adopts. You will work in accordance with the Trust's software development lifecycle to design and develop both existing and new software applications to enhance these applications so that they meet business specification / functions. You'll identify the impact of and manage testing and implementation of software upgrades and bug fixes. One key responsibility of this post will be to implement a robust change control procedure for systems falling under the remit of the applications teamm and for ensuring that the data quality standard of activity on these systems is sufficient.
Key duties include:
- Day to day management and maintenance of clinical applications
- Provide expertise and guidance for all clinical applications
- Conduct clinical applications configuration design, builds, and then to coordinate these changes into the live application
- Provide support to the training team
- Lead on research, design, and develop bespoke testing scripts for all new systems and upgrades to existing systems
- Manage regression testing
- Manage and establish procedures for the routine maintenance o applications and databases, ensuring systems health and performance is maintained to an optimal level
- Lead on SOPs for routine activities
- Manage relationship with third party providers
- Develop professional and robust lionks with suppliers, ensuring compliance to contractural delivery requirements
You will be required to work closely with the Associate Director of ICT and with clinicians and managers to ensure that clinical applications underpins the Trust's Clinical Strategy and lead to change that delivers quantifiable benefits for staff and patients.
Ideally you will have the below qualifications:
- Educated to a Masters level with a degree or equivalent expeirence or extensive relevant senior experience
- Prince ll
- Evidence of continuing professional development
You will need to be knowledgeable in these areas:
- Patient based clinical applications / information systems
- MS Office, SQL, ASP.Net, C#, MVC, VB.net, Web forms, Web API
- MS SQL, SSRS, RDBMS, structured querying and schema design
- Software development methodologies e.g., Agile, DSDM, RAD etc
- Report creation to summarise and analyse data from various sources and present to a wider audience
- Freedom of Information Legislation, Data Protection Act, GDPR, etc
- Mental Health and Community Services
If you're a motivated individual, with an understanding of clinical applications, and a desire to solve problems, please apply.
Alternatively, if this is not for you but you think I might be able to help you across Digital - Data - Technology, then please get in touch via email directly on Zoe.Green@goodmanmasson.com