Commercial Analyst/Finance Business Partner
We have two main aspects to all our business partnering roles which will be:
- Ensure we have control and precision in what we report internally and externally, essentially to ensure the finance function can deliver against its baseline criteria which is to report accurate and appropriate results which is then used to drive insight back into our organisation
- Partner either a Sales, Commercial or Product General Manager to drive commercial value through our business, using the insight and analysis available to ensure the right strategic and tactical decisions are taken both in the short term and long terms to deliver incremental shareholder value and driving our growth in the business to the market
- To ensure financial control of the job holders' remit
- Deliver accurate results on time
- The right judgements are made within the financial results to provide P&L and BS control, bad debt / CF billing
- To provide FP&A to the business
Commercial & Strategic Value Driver
- Partner the necessary function (sales, commercial or product) playing the role of a trusted advisor
- Be the driver on support and insight on customer and product profitability, ROI / Offers / Discounts
- Influence Strategic direction and support execution
- Driving Cost Transformation agenda and following through to P&L
- Lead interface for 3rd party costs/ Revenue assurance for the required remit
- Engage in customer and supplier conversations and own the finance relationship to ensure the right value is driven from each relationship
- Engaged in managing financial risk both internally and externally
- Deal with complex commercial situations day in day out to either protect the company's contractual financial position or improve the financial position
- Be the financial owner on all related matters to drive towards profit targets and ensure successful delivery against these targets
- Ensure we are making the right capital investments for the necessary remit
- Own the appropriate decisions on both customer deals and 3rd party spend
- Ensure the Enterprise is making the right commercial decisions to drive return on investment both in the short terms and long term
- Oversees and reviews the financial and operational analysis for the business. Develops complex business cases that may impact numerous parts of the business.
- Provides in-depth commentary that reflects understanding of wider operating environment both internally and externally
Forecasting, Planning and Budgeting
- Oversees and reviews forecast/budget at detailed level, demonstrating an understanding of their inter-relationship.
- Provides detailed feedback and insight to the business on its financial performance.
- Specialist - Anticipates the risk across the business and plans for appropriate insurance
- Leverages knowledge from multiple functional areas and anticipates impact of future requirements.
- Understands and consistently applies an advanced knowledge and understanding of company financial statements, accounting principles.
· Agree the optimal position financially
· Recommend courses of action to optimise P&L outcomes
· Stated outlook position for the contract
· Authorise Payplan and commissions
· Financial control of the desired remit
· Understand and agree or reject commercial terms relevant to the relationship
· Determines and recommends the level of financial and commercial risk that the company should take when engaging in new bids
· Judgement call made in terms of recognition of cost or revenue in line with the appropriate accounting standards
Experience you would be expected to have
· Stakeholder experience
Strong academic background
· Show an understanding on how to evaluate commercial risk and opportunity
· Ability to interpret data into meaningful insight, to inform decision making.
· Be willing to voice an opinion and look at the "art of the possible" Must be able to create a clear vision, delivering against key metrics
· Demonstrates a level of analytical capability
· Desire to qualify as accountant