A leading restaurant business is looking to recruit an ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified candidate to join its finance team. Working as part of Commercial Finance Team reporting into the Commercial Finance Manager you will be managing a team of two. Main duties include:
- Co-manage the commercial accounting function with responsibility for producing the monthly accounts, KPI reporting, key costs management reporting i.e. F&B/payroll/operating costs and restaurant profit conversion to Gross Profit/GOP/EBITDA
- Manage, review and approve the production of daily, weekly and monthly revenue reporting and analysis for the group of restaurants, bars & hotel
- Review and approve the bank reconciliation for the group
- Investigate and escalate all material cash discrepancies discovered by the Assistant Accountants during daily cash reconciliations
- Support the Commercial Finance Manger to proactively and reactively provide ad hoc financial and operational analysis and advice that will help the management team to deliver optimal operational performance
- Provide robust commercial challenge to senior management team at the sites so that revenue weakness and cost overruns are properly investigated and understood
- Produce the weekly forecast for the group of restaurants, bars & hotel reporting on variances between actual, forecasted and budgeted revenue, margin, payroll and operating costs
- Produce monthly and ad hoc business intelligence including analysis of actual vs target margins and cost trends, and analysis of pricing strategies and revenue trends across the group to help General Managers and Senior Management maximise revenue and drive profit conversion in the restaurants and make informed decisions around menu structure, pricing and promotions
- Prepare and review all individual budgets for the designated group of sites
- Lead Financial Review Meetings with the GMs, chefs and analyst's each month so that all key variances to budget & forecast are discussed and actions are recorded and followed up on a monthly basis
- Run the monthly financial review meeting alongside the Commercial Finance Manager with the Board of Director.
- Attend quarterly board meetings for designated sites alongside the Directors and Senior Management Team, prepare and present the financial accounts as well as take minutes and actions points from the meeting ensuring the financial related items are communicated to sites and actioned.
You will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with experience in a analytical role where you have influenced non finance. Multi-site experience would be desirable.
This is an opportunity to join a well known restaurant brand which continues to expand its portfolio.