Hours: 40 hours per week
Reporting to: FP&A Manager
Salary: up to £40,000 p.a. depending on experience, plus benefits
One of the largest independent marketing services businesses in the world with 17 offices, providing onsite and offsite solutions in Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia. Its core capabilities lie in the deployment of dedicated client service teams working with our proprietary workflow technology to optimise.
Purpose of the role
This is a new role to support the continued growth of the business. The role will support bi-annual financial planning activity, monthly internal and external reporting processes and other ad-hoc reporting and analysis requirements.
Specific areas of responsibility
Analysis & Reporting
- Supporting the business in the development of the annual plan and regular ongoing forecasts
- Reporting and interpreting variances between actual and forecast performance, particularly at a regional and client level
- Reporting KPI's across the group, providing insight into key drivers and highlighting trends and possible action plans. This reporting covers volumes, profitability, savings, working capital, cash generation, risks and opportunities,
- Ensure reporting is accurate via reconciliations to underlying systems and data, data consistency checks and overall sense checks based on knowledge of the business
- Assisting with the development of externally facing client reports from underlying records that provide insight for our clients into the profile of their spend with the business and the associated performance levels
- Other ad-hoc analysis and reporting as required
- Working closely with business managers to support the development of financial plans and forecasts and understanding drivers for variances between actual and expected performance.
- Part of wider finance team providing financial reporting, control and support for the business as a whole.
Process & Technology:
- Develop sound understanding of operational workflow processes and reporting systems within the business and how they interact with financial systems and reporting and forecasting tools.
- Use reporting systems to help create useful and timely financial analysis and reports.
- Partially qualified accountant or similar qualification/experience preferred
- Good IT skills (in particular Excel and data manipulation skills)
- Honest, accountable and self-driven - comfortable working under time pressure and willingness to, where necessary, adopt a 'sleeves rolled-up' approach
- Good communication skills, presence and challenging style (significant interaction with client and operational teams)
Partner orientated with track record of demonstrating ability to innovate