My client is a global, blue chip, energy services business who have just won a number of high profile projects.
As a result of this, and internal promotions, they are seeking the addition of a Commercial Finance Business Partner to be responsible for managing the financial performance of the business in line with budget. It is a key member of the business sector management team and will play a lead role in helping the business maximise results.
Excellent communication skills and experience of adding value, challenging results and working with management team are crucial.
The role is based in their UK Head Office in Brentford.
Specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Management of all aspects of financial performance reporting and commercial finance support activities of business segment.
- Provision of forward looking financial information and interpretation.
- Working with operations team to gather data on current project backlog and upcoming large change orders and feed into Finance system. Compare hours to current month run rates why different with PM's
- Working with Director and BD to update Finance system with current GO/Gets, Hrs , Timing, GM/Hr, distribution of Hrs over time.
- Overall summary with sanity checks on monthly and YTD numbers
- OH reviews and sanity check current run rates incl analysis to assist decision making regarding facilities
- Ensure reporting tools and dashboards rolled out in the UK are utilised for business sector
- Attendance and contribution to Project Reviews, understand commercial risks and opportunities in the contract e.g. Liquidated Damages, payment liabilities.
- Custodian of provisions listing, accruals, prepayments etc.- keeping comments up to date.
- Present financial position at Management meetings
- Review and management of AR and WIP to ensure all amounts are invoiced and collected at the earliest possible date.
- Across the UK Fiancee team, ensure consistent reporting across all UK business lines.
- Working closely with the operations management to ensure appropriate control and management of overheads
- Ensuring accounting practices and policies are adhered to. Provide strong accounting controls experience and leadership for accuracy and integrity to be always maintained.
It is essential that you communicate regularly with Project Managers and Project Controls team to ensure accurate and timely customer invoicing and up-to-date project financial information. You will identify opportunities for margin improvement.
You will steward ongoing cashflow maximisation, upholds strong, visible credit risk management, including identification and management of financial and treasury risk.
You will be responsible for delivering consistent, accurate and timely management information (financial and statistical) to all key stakeholders for informed, added value decisions with the ability to provide sound judgement, challenge decisions as and put forward thoughts to senior management.
Provides financial input regarding labour costs, overheads and other projects costs for all material bids and tenders, and advice regarding appropriate contractual commercial terms and conditions, including FX, tax and credit implications.
Challenge and develop the current process and methodologies and push for continuous improvement.