Goodman Masson have exclusively partnered with Newground Together to recruit for a Community Programmes Manager to join their team!
Newground Together is a registered Charity and a part of the Together Housing Group, a social landlord with over 37,000 properties across the north of England. Newground Together aims to empower people to create sustainable communities that are connected, resilient, healthy, and prosperous. Newground Together is committed to supporting people into jobs and training opportunities, connecting with young people and families, creating memorable outdoor experiences and providing health and wellbeing activities.
As a Community Programmes Manager, you will work alongside a team of managers across the organisation, with a specific remit to lead and develop a positive, motivated, and committed team delivering high performing front line youth, community, and great outdoors services across Lancashire.
More about Newground Together: Our Structure – Newground Together
Outline of Key responsibilities for the Community Programmes Manager
- Provide effective leadership and management of the service delivery teams in the specified service delivery area, managing, supporting, motivating, involve, engage, and support their front-line delivery teams effectively.
- To lead and develop a positive, motivated, and committed team delivering high performing front line youth, community, and great outdoors services across Lancashire.
- To build and maintain positive strategic relationships & partnerships across area of operation, ensuring Newground Together is recognised as a key influencer in decision-making and shaping future priorities and services.
- To proactively contribute to the continuous improvement of the organisation, playing a key role in the Charity’s leadership team, and strategic and operational development of the organisation.
- To develop and manage financial plans, annual budgets, funding/income streams and expenditure for area of responsibility.
- To act as a positive role model in every aspect of the role in line with Newground Together’s brand values
- To be responsible for the safe operating of community hubs/sites including building compliance, safety checks, key holder responsibilities and emergency point of contact.
We are looking for someone who has…
- Relevant experience managing and developing community programmes.
- Experience in business planning and development.
- Experience Managing and motivating staff, promoting a culture that meets the needs of and engages with customers and staff, in an open and high performing environment.
- Experience of partnership working and stakeholder engagement at a strategic level
- Experience of setting and managing budgets successfully
- Successful track record of income generation and securing external funding.
- Ability to demonstrate business acumen, dealing with ambiguity and managing change in new and challenging situations. Sound knowledge of relevant legislation relating to the service
In return, we are offering the successful candidate in the Community Programmes Manager role…
- Salary of £39,107.00 – £44,151.00 per year
- Annual pay scale increase
- 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years’ service) + bank holidays.
- Hybrid working, 2 days a week working from home.
- 3 days a week working from the Blackburn office or out on site.
- A flexible working environment, with a range of family friendly policies
- You will be working 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Working arrangements are flexible in line with our Smart Working culture so that we deliver an excellent and accessible service for customers.
- Wide range of technical, professional, and personal development training opportunities
- Attractive pension scheme
- Health and wellbeing benefits including access to GPs.
- A range of financial and lifestyle benefits including cycle to work, vehicle leasing and financial advice.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if enough applicants are received. Therefore, please apply without delay!
Due to the nature of the role involving work with vulnerable members of society, this post is subject to a Fully Enhanced Criminal Disclosure, which will be carried out when a conditional offer is made.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.