A major private bank is looking for someone to join their advisory team to work within their growing advisory team, they are Ideally looking for someone who either already has compliance advisory experiance across wealth managment, private banking or retail banking alternatively someone whio has good compliance experiance in looking at credit products such as mortgages, loans ect...
The Compliance function monitors and advises the business in respect of all regulatory matters, including:
- Compliance conduct of business;
- Regulatory reporting; and
- Compliance projects
Key purpose of this role
- Assist the Head of Compliance Advisory in providing an expert advisory and monitoring service with a strong focus on credit, to enable line management to ensure that Private Banking and wealth management businesses;
- Comply with all relevant legislation, rules, regulations and codes of conduct;
- Safeguard the reputation of the group.
- A key area of the role is to assist line management to ensure that the firm establishes and maintains at all times effective systems of internal controls in order to manage and minimise the risk of losses to clients or to the business from errors, irregularities or fraud. Also to monitor all aspects of the business to identify actual or potential weaknesses of internal controls, so that prompt remedial action may be taken by line management.
- To provide the business with advice and guidance on all relevant regulatory obligations and requirements both proactively and in response to queries and to identify, review and assess the impact of new national and international legislation, regulation, guidance and rules.
- To assist line management to ensure that the firm establishes and maintains appropriate, policies, procedures, systems and controls to meet its regulatory obligations and requirements.
- To undertake thematic work to assess the firms' regulatory exposure and make recommendations to the business to enable it to ensure compliance.
- To provide support to line management in its liaison with regulators, auditors (internal & external) other group companies and external organisations where appropriate. To assess the impact of audit recommendations and regulatory action and assist in their implementation. To assist line management in delivering on regulatory reporting requirements.
- Support and where appropriate deliver education, awareness and training to staff.
- To monitor the complaint handling process and undertake required investigations and ensure resolution of complaints in a timely manner.
- To provide support to line management in the assessment of new products and services and monitor and review for approval, financial promotions and other marketing material.
- To assist with the development and enhancement of the department's policies, procedures, controls and guidance.